The head is often seen as a symbol of knowledge, intelligence, and wisdom. In literature, the head is often used as a metaphor for the mind or the intellect. The head can also symbolize power, leadership, and authority.
Other related questions:
Why is the skull a symbol of death?
The skull is a symbol of death because it is the bones of the head which house the brain, and the brain is the control center for the body. Once the brain dies, the body dies.
What does skeleton symbolize?
There is no one answer to this question as different people may interpret the meaning of a skeleton in different ways. Some may see it as a symbol of death or the end of something, while others may see it as a reminder of our own mortality and the fragility of life.
What does it mean when you see a skull in the clouds?
There is no definitive answer to this question as it could mean different things to different people. Some might interpret it as a sign of death or danger, while others might see it as a warning to be careful.
- Human skull symbolism – Wikipedia
- Head: Symbolism and Ritual Use | Encyclopedia.com
- ‘Head’ does not mean ‘leader’ in 1 Cor 11.3 | Psephizo
- The Meaning of “Head,” Part One – The Good Book Blog
- Symbolism – A Writer’s Guide To Tasteful Use In Stories
- Pig’s Head in Lord of the Flies by William Golding – Study.com